Please note: The following letter from the Enquire Learning Trust and Public Heath England Poster have been shared with parents and carers of Moorside Primary Academy pupils as an advisory and precautionary measure. There are no known cases of Coronavirus amongst staff or pupils of the Enquire Learning Trust.
To put the outbreak into perspective here are some interesting facts we have gathered from articles available on BBC News Online and The World Health Organisation Website.
- 7.8 billion people make up the world population
- 81,000 reported cases of Coronavirus to date
- 48,000 active cases of Coronavirus to date
- Currently effecting 0.0006% of the world population to date
- 13 reported cases of Coronovirus in UK - 8 of which have recovered from Coronavirus to date
Based on data from 44,000 patients with the coronavirus, the WHO says:
- 81% develop mild symptoms
- 14% develop severe symptoms
- 5% become critically ill
To put this into context, about one billion people catch influenza every year, with between 290,000 and 650,000 deaths. The severity of flu changes every year.
We hope this helps alleviate the concerns of parents & carers and that the following documents advise you accordingly.